Digital Strategy and New Media Marketing Track
The Digital Strategy and New Media Marketing Track is designed to give students a competitive edge in workplace readiness. This track produces students who are ready to begin work in both innovative startups that need to gain traction quickly and build a consumer base, as well as established companies that have or are developing a digital presence in the pursuit of growth. Among the qualifications students will gain in this track are, a well-developed understanding of brand management and promotion in the digital landscape, a solid foundation for digital business models, new forms of digital-based revenue and blockchain technology, how to develop and execute email, pay-per-click, and social media campaigns, and industry relevant certifications—all of which can be added to the student’s resume upon completion.
MKTG 4650Promotion Management and Strategy
Emphasizes the coordinated usage of the promotions mix elements in order to synergize marketing efforts. Topics include advertising, direct marketing, internet and interactive marketing, sales promotions, public relations, and personal selling. The impact of buyer behavior on promotional strategy is examined and several communication models are analyzed.
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the promotions mix.
- Understanding how all of the concepts of promotions fit together into the Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) paradigm.
- A “hands-on” learning experience with an Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) Campaign Plan Proposal.
MKTG 4700Digital Marketing and Social Media Strategy
A hands-on introduction to one of the most crucial and quickly changing fields in the arena of professional marketing. This class focuses on core components of digital marketing and social media. It is designed to introduce students to basic elements that increase a firm’s ability to target, educated, engage, and create customer value via a firm’s online presence and digital marketing channels. Students will learn how to stay up to date in this fast-paced discipline. The majority of this class’s value comes from students designing and running actual Adwords and social media PPC campaigns, becoming Google Ads and Inbound Certified, running an email campaign as well as a final project focused on the creation of a Digital Marketing Strategy plan (DMS).
- The ability to develop strategic plans for the digital landscape informed by an understanding of how the internet has fundamentally changed the nature of business.
- Understanding and using tools to drive traffic and build/maintain customer relationships (including search engine optimization, email marketing, and social media).
- The importance of continuous improvement by staying up to date on tools and techniques, including social listening and analytics.
STRT 4100Digital Business Strategy and Growth
This class offers students the opportunity to become more familiar with digital business strategy and growth through a close look at, 1) digital business models and revenue structures, 2) how to design and conduct a digital-business opportunity analysis, 3) how to create and deliver value through digital marketing channels, and 4) the unique parameters and tools for online growth.
- Understand the significance, tools, and approaches to digital business.
- Ability to evaluate structural and strategic options for creating a digital business.
- Understand distinctive attributes of creating and delivering value in the digital landscape.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to existing and/or new digital business endeavors.