The UCCS MBA Application Process
MBA Application Process Checklist
Eight steps to complete the UCCS MBA application process
1. Complete and Submit the UCCS Online Application
We encourage applicants to submit the application early in the process so that we can maintain contact and keep the line of communication open.
To pursue the General MBA (30 credit hours), select the general emphasis on the application.
Please note, if you indicate that you are a Colorado resident you will have to complete and upload this Tuition Classification form. It can be downloaded from within the application but can also download beforehand. $60 non-refundable application fee.
2. Choose Your MBA Admission Pathway
- GPA 3.5* for undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and resume.
- GPA 3.0* for undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, 3 years of professional work experience and/or military experience or additional specialized education, goal statement, resume and optional letter(s) or recommendation.
- GPA less than 3.0* for undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution: goal statement, resume, optional letter(s) of recommendation, and one of the following:
- 5+ years of professional work experience and/or military experience.
- GMAT or GRE test scores**.
- Personal statement that addresses academic performance, examples of persistence/commitment, and other life and professional experiences that can demonstrate your ability and motivation to complete an advanced degree.
- Minimum 9 semester hours of relevant graduate course work at a regionally accredited institution with 3.0 GPA or higher**
*Cumulative GPA or GPA for last 60 credit hours, whichever is higher.
**If undergraduate GPA* is less than 2.75, applicants must have one of these options.
3. Submit Official Transcripts
We accept electronic transcripts sent from the Registrar's Office at your college or university. Please note that these transcripts must be sent in a secure format, directly by the University Registrar or their designated delivery service directly to email@example.com. We cannot accept electronic transcripts sent as attachments in emails from applicants.
We also accept sealed, original transcripts from every college or university attended. Bachelor's degrees must be from regionally accredited four-year colleges or universities. Applicants with any foreign post-secondary course work should also submit a course-by-course with GPA evaluation by a NACES or AICE member.
Official transcripts can be mailed to the following address:
Office of Admission & Records
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80918-3733
4. Write a Goal Statement for the Program
Tell us why you are interested in being an MBA/MSA student at UCCS. How will you contribute to the program and what do you plan to gain? Tell us about yourself. This is your opportunity to address any strengths, shortcomings, or extracurricular activities that set you apart from other applicants.
You will upload your goal statement in the application process.
5. Update Your Resume
Although we do not require applicants to have a minimum amount of work experience, you will need to submit a current resume. Students in our programs have extremely diverse backgrounds in regards to an undergraduate major, work history, and life experiences' this allows for a variety, perspective, and unique discussions in the classroom.
You will upload your current resume in the application process.
6. Request Letters of Recommendation (Optional)
Although we do not require applicants to submit letters of recommendation, there is a place within the application to upload your letters.
7. International Applicants
Application Fee: $60 non-refundable
We require transcripts from every collegiate institution attended during and after graduation from high school. In addition, applicants with any foreign college coursework are required to submit a course-by-course with GPA foreign degree evaluation by a NACES or AICE member. (Please note: Official evaluations received directly from SpanTran, World Education Services, Inc (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) credential agencies may enable more efficient review and processing of transfer credit by the Graduate School of Business Administration). This includes any coursework being considered for foundation waiver or equivalency consideration.
8. Meet Our Deadline
We have limited space in our classrooms and they fill up quickly. Our deadlines allow plenty of time to get your application processed before the start of the semester to which you are applying. The sooner you submit your application, the sooner you can start the path of furthering your education. Therefore, it is in your best interest to have completed applications submitted before the priority deadlines. (Note: Many scholarships have a March 1st deadline so we encourage you to apply very early if scholarships are part of your plans for financing your degree.)
- Fall Priority Deadline: June 1st / Final: August 1st
- Spring Priority Deadline: November 1st / Final: January 1st
- Summer Priority Deadline: April 1st / Final: June 1st
Note: Graduate students are expected to write clearly and concisely with correct punctuation and grammar. You will also be expected to have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. If a student is deficient in any of these skills, it is their responsibility to mitigate the deficiency before enrolling in the program.