Agile Project Management & SAFe Agilist Certification
Through: Thu, 05/28/2015 - 12:00 PM
University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)
Class Size Limit :: 20
Registration Fee :: $1,495
THIS PROGRAM HAS CONCLUDED
Volume discounts available. Contact Shawna with OPED at (719) 255-5215 for more information
Companies know the value of adopting Agile methodology, and may have a few Agile-trained professionals within the organization. However, what happens when you have 50 teams working across the globe? Many companies struggle with scaling Agile across an enterprise.
This application-based training program will examine the fundamentals behind practices and techniques many successful teams use to get the most out of Agile adoption, and provide project managers and managers a structure for Agile application and how to scale Agile across an organization.
This unique three-day program is for both new and seasoned Agile practitioners who work with Information Technology / Software related projects. Recommended participants include: Project managers, team leads, managers, product decision-makers, quality assurance engineers, developers, IT professionals, product designers, and change agents responsible for leading Lean | Agile change initiatives.
APPLICATION OF LEARNING
This certification course will show you how to successfully scale Agile principals across your organization by utilizing Lean thinking practices and Product Development Flow techniques. The training will employ an application-based approach of learning, including discussion, group interaction, real-world focused scenarios.
PDUs, CEUs, & CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Participants will be eligible for the SAFe Agilist (SA) certification and receive guidance for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP); 21 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for PMPs; 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a Certificate of Completion from UCCS.
PROGRAM FEES INCLUDE
- Workshop manuals
- Full lunch each day
- Parking at the University campus
- Certificate of completion from the UCCS College of Business
- 21 Professional Development Units (PDUs), applicable for contact hours at the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from UCCS
- Options to print transcripts from UCCS as proof of attendance and CEUs earned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why Agile? Origins and successful applications
- Fundamentals of Lean, Kanban, Scrum & Extreme Programming
- Embrace a model of continuous planning over simply following a plan
- Lead an enterprise Agile transformation
- Apply Lean thinking techniques at the Team, Program and Portfolio levels
- Apply Lean, Agile and Product Development Flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market and quality
- Integrate Agile into your entire organization - not just your IT department
- Create Agile Release Trains that align the efforts of Agile and non-Agile teams to create greater stakeholder value
- Encourage collaboration across all the layers of your organization to enable teams to deliver complex cross-functional features in 10-12 week increment
- Improve the communication and focus of your organization's Agile implementation
- Align delivery to business strategy
- Understand effective program management with Agile teams
- Focus on metrics that matter
PROGRAM FACILITATOR :: Somnath (Som) Ghosh, MBA, PMP, ACP, CSP, SPC
Somnath Ghosh is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile transformation coach/trainer with over 17 years of strategic consulting experience in software development, Agile enablement, and change management. As a coach, he guides organizations to achieve dramatic improvement in the efficiency of software delivery. His training techniques bridge traditional project management with Lean-Agile techniques.
Mr. Ghosh is the Managing Director of Corporate IT Solutions, Inc. providing project management services and expertise as an independent consultant for financial application implementations. Somnath has consulted for various prominent clients while working as a Project Manager and Lead for big 5 consulting groups like BearingPoint and Deloitte and for Oracle Corporation. In addition to project management of Procure-to-Pay and Order-To-Cash implementations, Mr. Ghosh's area of expertise is Sales Incentive Compensation in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) arena.
Som quoted, "I am proud to be an Agile coach and trainer and am always amazed at what teams can do given the right training, leadership and sponsorship. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to leverage my experience and help teams self organize and transform into high performing teams." Som's recent clients include Capital One, Staples, General Motors, Time Warner Cable, and ViaSat, among others.
For more about Som: www.corporateitsolutionsinc.com