Wealth-Building Habits :: Simple Rules to Life's Economic Game
12:00 PM - 12:00 PM
University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) campus
Class Size Limit :: 30
Registration Fee :: FREE - - registration is required -- seats are limited
Participants :: Currently only open to UCCS seniors
This program is free to participants, sponsored by the UCCS College of Business' Office of Professional & Executive Development (OPED)
THIS PROGRAM HAS CONCLUDED
We are all in life's economic game --- but not all of us know the rules.
Most college graduates are not prepared for the upcoming challenges of personal financial management and wealth building. This seminar intends to address that problem by providing insights into the simple rules to life's economic game. This half-day seminar is taught by two top faculty members from the College of Business at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
This half-day program is currently only available to UCCS seniors. Seniors in all majors are welcome.
PROGRAM CURRICULUM ::
This seminar will cover the following topics:
- The Economic Game - Introduction
- Simple Rules about Money
- Simple Rules about Personal Habits
- Simple Rules about Building Wealth
- Simple Rules about Trading & Investing
- Simple Rules about Risk & Rewards
- Simple Rules for Enjoying the Journey
- Achieving Economic Self-Reliance
PROGRAM GOALS ::
Participants will have an understanding of:
- Economic literacy
- Achieving economic self-reliance
- Rules of the economic "game"
- Sense of confidence in the economic system and your role
- Wealth is not a zero-sum game
- Money is not a bad thing
- Economic ups and downs -- how to prepare for what will happen
- Your goals and perspectives of well-being and living a full life
- Keeping your eye on the long term
This program WILL cover:
- Personal behaviors and habits as they relate to building wealth
- How to achieve economic independence
- The rules to life's economic game
- How to play the game to achieve your goals
- How to financially prepare as you move forward in life (i.e. career, family)
- Long-term strategies for building wealth
This program WILL NOT:
- Be a sales presentation
- Attempt to sell products or provide financial advice
COLLEGE CREDIT ::
This program is non-degree and not for credit, meaning it will not counting towards a degree program.
PROGRAM FEES ::
This program is FREE of charge, sponsored by the UCCS College of Business' Office of Professional & Executive Development (OPED).
A light lunch will be provided, sponsored by the UCCS College of Business' Office of Professional & Executive Development (OPED).
PROGRAM FACILITATORS ::
This program is facilitated by the following faculty members from the College of Business at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs:
|Tom Duening, Ph.D.
Team Lead & Associate Professor of Management
Director, Center for Entrepreneurship
El Pomar Chair of Business & Entrepreneurship
To learn more about Tom Duening, click here.
|Gordon Stringer, M.B.A.
Senior Instructor of Finance & Information Systems
For more about Gordon Stringer, click here.