Ethics Cases & Debates
Cases and Debates
Ethics Cases and Debates
Finding an ethics case or debate relevant to the students can be challenging. We provide original ethics cases and debates from our faculty and student generated cases and debates for use in the classroom.
- Topic: Sales Ethics "For the Eight Consecutive Month, Our Top Seller is......."
- Topic: Mystery Shopping Ethics "You've Been Shopped"
- Topic: Green vs. Traditional Stocks "Is it Worth it To Invest in "Green" Companies?"
- Topic: Northern Indiana State College Football Case "Underage Drinking or Just a Stadium That is Too Small?"
- Topic: Ethics Case Study "Murder in the Mountains: An Ethics Case Study"
- Topic: "Cultural Residue' a Case Study by Martin Key, Ph.D."
- Issue: Should the government regulate and cap the amount of compensation that CEO's receive, or leave it for the market to determine? Executive Compensation: Set by the Market or the Government?
- Issue: Is Facebook violating user privacy with its new policy changes as a result of going public? Facebook: A Change for the Good or Hanging Users Out to Dry?
- Issue: Should the government be able to regulate the products that gun manufacturers and retailers? Government Vs. Guns?
- Issue: Should the NFL be responsible to pay for retired players' healthcare costs? NFL and Retirement Benefits?
- Issue: Have labor unions become counterproductive "political" instruments who have outlived their value to the long-term detriment of U.S. labor and the economy? Labor Unions?
- Issue: ERA Shields Real Estate has set a high standard for their community involvement. Are voluntary actions outside of profitability and mandated government and civil regulation a necessary part of a successful business? Corporate Social Responsibility: ERA Shields Real Estate Sets an Impeccable Standard
- Issue: Should BlackBerry have provided countries access to its encryption system? Blackberry's Encryption System
Helpful ethics links and resources to expand your ethical curricula beyond the classroom. Links include simulations, real-world examples, videos, competitions and more.